- This beautifully-presented, four-bedroom extended former 18th century toll cottage offers spacious and flexible family accommodation, located in Blackshiels, near Pathhead, Midlothian
- Set in approximately 2.5 acres in a picturesque rural location, the bespoke accommodation is over three levels, and includes a detached garage with potential conversion to a cottage.
- The accommodation is comprised of an entrance hallway, kitchen and lounge, dining room, utility room, lower lounge, upper landing, four double bedrooms all with en-suites, and a family bathroom.
- Highlights include oakwood flooring, a quality integrated kitchen with a range cooker, Jaquzzi bath, dual-aspect rooms, and wood-decked patio with superb countryside views.
- External features include a private multi-car parking area, a large well-tended garden to the side, a wooden bridge crossing the adjacent stream, and a charming selection of local wildlife.
- Home Report available online.
Beautifully-presented, four-bedroom, extended former 18th century toll cottage, set in approx. 2.5 acres in a picturesque rural location, offering spacious and flexible family accommodation, located in Blackshiels, near Pathhead, Midlothian. The ground-floor accommodation features a generous reception hallway giving access throughout; an open-plan kitchen and family room set to the rear featuring French doors to a wood-decked patio offering superb countryside views, quality fitted units with integrated appliances, 7-ring range cooker, ceramic sink, granite worktops and breakfast bar. There is a front-facing dining room; a utility room set internally with worktop, sink and washing machine; two spacious dual-aspect double bedrooms with built-in wardrobes and en-suites; whilst a family bathroom features a Jacuzzi-style bath and twin handbasins. The lower level features a dual-aspect lounge with log burning stove and a door to the garden. The first floor comprises two additional spacious double bedrooms with Velux windows and en-suites. In addition, there is superb storage provision including a floored attic, oil fired heating, and wood-framed double glazed windows. External features include a detached garage with utility connections for a potential conversion to a cottage, extensive multi-vehicle parking area, large well-tended gardens to the side, a wooden bridge crossing a stream to an additional lawn. This charming location also offers a delightful selection of local wildlife.Set just off the A68, this charming location offers rural living, while only being a short and direct drive from the Edinburgh city by-pass with a journey time of less than 20mins. Nearby Pathhead village offers local schooling at primary level, and a good range of local shops and services, whilst Fala Dam has respected nursery. Dalkeith, the nearest large town, offers a broad range of high-street shops, services and amenities, with further shopping available at Fort Kinnaird and Straiton, both offering an extensive list of high-street names, superstores and supermarkets. The open countryside, with numerous paths and riverside walkways, country parks, and the hills and leisure pursuits of the Scottish Borders to the south.